Availability and Maternity Leave:
Michele gave birth in early January 2016 to their rainbow baby, Hazel. A rebalancing of family priorities and midwifery practice means that Michele will be accepting fewer clients for the next few years while they have navigate the toddler years with Hazel.
Our Birthwork Services:
- Traditional Midwifery Services
- Out-of-Hospital Monitrice/Doula Services
- Health Consultation/Call The Midwife
- Senior/Second Midwife & Skype Attendance
- Unassisted Childbirth — If you are planning an unassisted childbirth and are seeking prenatal or postpartum care, please contact us for more information regarding fees and payments.
- Are you looking for Well Person Care?
Amethyst Midwitchery & Womancraft is an Inclusive Midwifery Practice.
Licensure and Malpractice Insurance
Community Herbalists, Holistic Health Consultants, and Spiritual Healers are not licensed, certified or regulated in the state of Pennsylvania. Michele is NOT a licensed, certified, or regulated medical physician, nurse, or other state approved professional healthcare provider. Their care is meant to complement, not replace a client’s current healthcare provider’s treatment or advice. They do NOT carry malpractice insurance.
In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania there is currently no means of licensure for non-nurse midwives; Michele is NOT a Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM) nor are they a licensed non-nurse midwife. Michele has chosen to not seek out Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) status through the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) so that they might best fulfil and honour the wishes and choices of the families that they serve without being legally bound to conduct their practice in any one particular manner. Michele has no future plans to become certified or licensed through any state or agency.