Michele has broken their leg and after surgery (04/2018) will have several months of recovery. While they’ll most likely still be available for Skype consults in about a month (05/2018), they will be unable to accept any homebirth or well care clients until probably the end of 2018/early 2019 (this timeline might get updated, as things move along).
Michele highly recommends that you reach out to Karen and Natalie of Steel City Midwives if you are needing a homebirth midwife before Michele is recovered enough and ready to accept clients again.
Thanks in advance for your well wishes and support <3
Taking care of ourselves is sometimes not the thing at the top of our to-do list, especially if we do not feel comfortable with our healthcare providers, do not have a primary care provider, or we are members of marginalised and underserved communities. Amethyst Midwitchery & Womancraft understands these concerns and barriers. We are able to provide some of your basic Well Person Care needs in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
All of our services are offered on a pay-what-you-can sliding fee scale. Some folks can afford to pay our full price and some folks will pay what they can using our sliding fee scale. Those who can pay more help subsidise the care of those who can not. This fee scale is offered to increase accessibility and there is no required documentation to prove financial need — we trust you.
Support People & Inclusive Care
All Well Visits provided to clients 17 years old and younger require an adult to be present during physical exam portions of visits. And all clients 18 years and above are highly encouraged to have a partner or support person present for exams if anxiety or past trauma may make Well Visits difficult.
Our care is offered within our scope & our skill set to anyone seeking it. We strive to provide compassionate, competent, and gender-affirming care to all clients of all genders. Please make us aware of any accommodations we may be able to provide to ensure your comfort during our visits.
- Well Visit (with or without Pelvic Exam; 16yrs+) $125-225
- Pap Exam (with or without Pelvic Exam; age 16yrs+) $75-175
- Well Visit + Pap (with or without Pelvic Exam; age 16yrs+) $180-280
- Basic Physical Exam* (student/work; everyone age 13yrs+) $80-180
- Manual Breast/Chest Exam only (age 16yrs+) $45-145
- Standard IUD Removal $60-160
- HIV/STI Testing Visit $TBD (not yet available)
- Caya Diaphragm/FemCap Cervical Cap $125-225
- Health Consultation/Call The Midwife
What happens if an exam or lab test shows anomalies? Any concerns that can not be addressed by the midwife’s scope of practice will be referred to appropriate healthcare providers. Copies of any notes or lab results will be provided to share with other healthcare providers as you see fit.
Currently in the state of Pennsylvania non-nurse midwives can not accept or file claims for insurance coverage for their clients, in part due to the legal climate of non-nurse midwifery in Pennsylvania. State Medicaid does not pay for non-nurse midwife services.
If you or your spouse have an FSA, HSA, HRA, or MSA you can use the debit/credit card for your account to pay for our services. According to the list of qualifying services provided by the IRS, the following services are covered:
- Birth Control (pills, condoms, etc.)
- Diagnostic Equipment & Tests (ex: blood glucose monitor & supplies)
- Laboratory Fees
- Physical Examination (“annual exam”)
- Screening Tests (ex: pap exam)
No refunds are offered at this time.
* Because none of our current providers are licensed by the state, depending on the requirements of the school/employer, physicals done by us may not qualify. Please clarify with the school/employer if in doubt, as we can not issue refunds.